Finding new customers on social media is easy when you can spot prospects who need your help. Here are the signals to look for.
This is a great IDEA for an article, but it isn’t quite there for my taste. I like specific examples. In this case I was looking for specific examples of the new social buying signals and didn’t find them so here are mine:
* More than 3 visits to your site in 10 days or less.
* Consume your site well over average heuristics (time, pages, return).
* Recommended your site or content via social.
* Linked into your content from blog or website.
* Downloaded anything.
* Downloaded 2 of anything = read hot.
* Downloaded anything after 1x or 2x sales calls.
* Free Trial.
* Mentioned you in anything (Twitter, Facebook, blog, site, review).
* Follows you on anything.
* Consistently opens and engages with your emails.
* Follows emails by visiting site for longer than average visitors.
These actions are never one off. They form a funnel. Actually I prefer David Edleman’s new conversion life cycle described in HBR: http://hbr.org/web/ideas-in-practice/aligning-with-the-consumer-decision-journey . ;
The rhythm of a buyer’s B2B journey is the thing to segment and qualify with personas and models. If you are lucky enough to have tools such as Marketo or Eloqua cool and great. If not create your own KPIs and nurture, nurture, nurture.
If you’ve observed a new set of social buying signals please share.
See on vocus.com